Block Swimming Pools Gripset C1-P
Product and System Installation Requirements
The installation of the Gripset waterproofing membrane system should be carried out in strict accordance with relevant, current Technical Data Sheet (TDS). All other materials used in conjunction with the membrane system must be compatible and approved by the manufacturer.
1. Substrate Preparation
Substrates to which the membrane is to be applied must be structurally sound and stable. All building surfaces which the membrane system is to be applied are to be installed as per manufacturers recommendations, in line with relevant building standards in force at time of the application. Surfaces must be smooth, dry and clean. Rough surfaces, voids and hollows to be evened or filled first and all brick/block surfaces to be pointed flush. All movement joints to be filled with appropriate flexible sealant. All general surface defects including cracks to be filled and repaired – Refer to Gripset 11Y/DM repair mortar. All surfaces are to be free of sharp protruding objects, loose material, de-bonded or existing coatings, curing membranes/agents, release agents, wax residues, foreign particles, laitance, algae and moss, grime, oils, animal fats, grease remains and any contaminants that could compromise the adhesion of the overlaid membrane system. Structurally unsound layers and surface contaminants are to be mechanically removed by abrasive blasting, blast tracking, grinding, high pressure cleaning or equivalent methods. Concrete to be cured for a minimum 28 days and renders left to dry for at least 7 days prior to the membrane application.
2. Priming System
High bonding, textured primer for porous and non-porous substrates. Apply 1 x coat by brush or roller at minimum 1mm thickness
- Apply primer to total floor and wall surfaces, extending over wall onto capping sections
- Apply primer to turn-ups of pipes, penetrations and fixtures
3. Detailing System
Elastoproof B50 Joint Band: Elastic bond breaker joint band
Prefabricated Corners: Prefabricated 90° and 270° corners used with the Elastic Joint Band as the system bond breaker
Elastoproof Base Collars: Waterproof Elastic sleeves for sealing floor and wall penetrations
- Install Elastoproof Joint Band to perimeter wall/floor junctions
- Install Elastoproof Joint Band to perimeter wall/wall junctions
- Install Elastoproof Joint Band over all horizontal and vertical movement joints
- Install Elastoproof Base Collars over wall and floor pipes and penetrations.
- Apply liberal bead of compatible, immersible grade flexible sealant to seal general fixtures and fittings as required
- Fix Elastoproof items to the substrate by embedding into a liberal, wet coat of liquid membrane
4. Membrane System
Gripset C-1P: 1-part flexible cementitious membrane
Coverage: Apply 2-3 coats by brush or roller at total minimum coverage of 2.5kg per m2 forming a 2mm dried film thickness
- Apply membrane to total floor and wall surfaces, extending up walls onto capping sections
- Turn membrane up at and seal to pipes and penetrations
5. Pool Render
Gripset C-Bed: Polymer modified cement-based screed/render
Gripset 11Y: High performance SBR based additive for cement-based products
First coat must be applied as a thin scratch coat and allowed to dry prior to installing additional coats.
Work Render into substrate to achieve sufficient contact. The render can be allowed to take initial set and be ruled off, or it can be finished with a trowel or wood float
6. System Curing
- Minimum 10 days before filling
- Refer to third party finishes i.e. pool paint/tile manufactures and follow TDS details on installation instruction