Shrinkage compensated, flowable, structural repair mortar with active corrosion inhibition
How does MasterEmaco S 5440CI work?
MasterEmaco S 5440CI is a single component, extra high-strength, high modulus, shrinkage compensated structural repair mortar that meets the requirements of EN 1504 part 3 class R4.
MasterEmaco S 5440CI is used for the structural repair of concrete elements such as:
- Columns, piers and cross beams of all bridges
- Cooling towers and chimneys and other industrial environments
- Marine structures, water treatment and sewerage facilities
- Tunnels, pipes, outfalls and all below ground construction especially in harsh ground conditions
- All form and pour repairs
What are the unique features of MasterEmaco S 5440CI?
MasterEmaco S 5440CI contains Portland cement, graded sands and special additives to significantly reduce the risk and incidence of shrinkage cracking. When mixed with water, it forms a highly fluid mortar that can easily be pumped or poured into formwork.
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco S 5440CI?
- Versatile – can be applied in extreme environments where active corrosion inhibition is required
- Shrinkage compensated – minimises crack tendency
- Highly fluid – can be applied by pump (eg Putzmeister SP11) or pouring into formwork
- High early and ultimate strengths – matches high strength concrete found in structures
- High modulus and excellent adhesion – ensuring load transfer in structural repair.
- Excellent freeze/thaw resistance – suitable for all climates
- High carbonation resistance – suitable for exposed repairs in urban environments
- Sulphate resistant – suitable for contact with ground waters
- Very low permeability – protection of reinforcing steel
- Low chromate (Cr[VI] < 2 ppm ) – low risk of skin irritation
- Chloride-free – does add to the chloride load in contaminated structures