Surface applied corrosion inhibitor
How does MasterProtect 8020CI work?
MasterProtect 8020CI is a surface applied corrosion inhibitor designed to migrate through even the densest concrete structures and form a layer on the steel reinforcing bars. MasterProtect 8020CI also protects a multitude of other metals including carbon steel, galvanised steel and aluminium. The corrosion inhibitor will migrate through concrete until it finds steel to create a protective layer on. MasterProtect 8020CI will stop the further corrosion of reinforcing metals and extend the service life of the structure.
- All reinforced, precast, prestressed, post-tensioned or marine concrete structures
- Steel-reinforced concrete bridges, highways and parking decks, ramps and garages exposed to corrosive environments (carbonation, deicing salts and salt spray)
- Concrete piers, dams, offshore platforms, piles, pillars, pipe and utility poles
- Preventative maintenance, restoration and repair of all reinforced concrete commercial and civil engineered structures
- Cooling towers and potable water tanks
What are the unique features of MasterProtect 8020CI?
MasterProtect 8020CI penetrates the concrete to find and protect the reinforcing steel. It offers engineers, owners, contractors and government authorities a time proven corrosion inhibiting technology that will extend the life of all reinforced concrete structures..
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8020CI?
- Slows existing corrosion – reduces corrosion rate of corroding steel not yet visible
- Preventative treatment – provides protection in new structures where insufficient cover is an issue
- Controls incipient anodes – stops the formation of incipient anodes at new to old concrete interface
- Does not interfere with bond of repair mortars or coatings – can be used directly onto areas to be repaired
- Forms passive layer underneath rust on steel – slows corrosion to allow for longer term repair strategy to be put in place
- Easy application - spray, roller, squeegee or paint brush to any concrete surface
- Water-based - for easy handling and application
- Allows concrete to breathe and vapour to diffuse - is not a vapour barrier
- Dual action inhibitor - protects both anodic and cathodic areas
- No cure time is required - traffic may resume minutes after application if necessary