ARDEX P9 Single Part Primer is a water-based primer used for improving the adhesion of ARDEX products to smooth, dense and various non-porous substrates. It is easy to apply with a brush or roller with applications of subsequent products able to take place with minimal downtime. ARDEX P9 Single Part Primer is suitable for internal and external wall or floor applications.
Substrates for Tile Adhesives:
- Internal Particleboard, plywood, sheet timber
- Medium density fibre-cement sheet, compressed fibrecement sheet, ScyonTM Concrete, renders, screeds
- Jointing compound over plasterboard
- Masonry and lightweight concrete blocks, Autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC)
- Existing Glazed Tiles (not suitable for shower floors or permanently immersed conditions)
Substrates for Floor Levellers:
- Internal Particleboard, plywood, sheet timber for ARDITEX NA only
- Compressed fibre-cement sheets
- Concrete, masonry and lightweight concrete blocks, Autoclave aerated concrete (AAC)
- Existing glazed tiles (tiles to be de-glazed before priming)
Note: Not suitable for steel trowelled finish concrete where floor leveller is being applied.
For Floor Levelling Compounds and highly absorbent substrates dilute ARDEX P9 Single Part Primer with water 1:1 by volume.
Contact ARDEX Technical Services for specifics with:
- Metal Surfaces
- Epoxy Coatings
- Existing Vinyl
For use with Tiling only, contact ARDEX Technical Services for specifics with painted surfaces.
- Internal and external
- Approximately 20 minutes