A Class 3, polyurethane waterproofing membrane
Bostik Dampfix Gold is a one component, highly elastic, class 3, polyurethane waterproofing membrane that contains no bitumen and complies with AS/NZ 4858.
This is a 2-coat membrane that can be applied over primed porous & non-porous substrates, including concrete, rendered bricks, fibre cement, water resistant plasterboard, and structural plywood (Type A Stamped “PAA JAS-ANZ” to AS/NZS 2269-2004). It is ideal for showers, bathrooms, kitchens, laundries and toilet areas. It is not recommended as a membrane system in immersed areas (such as pools or spas).
The Bostik Dampfix Gold system consists of:
- The appropriate substrate primer; Bostik Multiprime, Bostik Specialist Primer or Bostik Prime Grip
- Bostik 6S as a bond breaker
- Two coats of Dampfix Gold (applied perpendicular to each other following instructions in the most recent TDS)
- Adhere tiles using a compatible Bostik tiling adhesive with your chosen tiles
- Finish your tiling masterpiece with Bostik Design Epoxy two-part grout to leave a long lasting impression
This system can be used for waterproofing wet areas, just in the shower or as a full bathroom solution under tiles.
- Dampfix Gold is an easy to apply waterproofing liquid membrane
- You can tile the next day in most conditions
- High resistance to detergents and bleach
- Will not re-emulsify after curing
- Does not embrittle with age
- Can be applied to damp substrates, i.e. no free water
- All applications must be covered by tile or other protective wear system