High-strength, Fibre-reinforced Structural Repair Mortar
MasterEmaco S 5400CI is a single component, extra high-strength, high modulus, shrinkage compensated structural repair mortar that meets the requirements of the new European Norm EN 1504 Part 3 class R4.
MasterEmaco S 5400CI is used for the structural repair of concrete elements such as:
- Columns, piers and cross beams of all bridges
- Cooling towers and chimneys and other industrial environments
- Marine structures, water treatment and sewerage facilities
- Tunnels, pipes, outfalls and all below ground construction especially in harsh ground conditions
What are the unique features of MasterEmaco S 5400CI?
MasterEmaco S 5400CI ensures load transfer based on its high modulus and adhesion to host concrete. There is not any need of a secondary reinforcement due to highly thixotropic mortar properties. MasterEmaco S 5400CI contains Portland cement, graded sands, selected polymer fibres and special additives to significantly reduce the risk and incidence of shrinkage cracking. When mixed with water, it forms a highly thixotropic mortar that can easily be spray or trowel applied.
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco S 5400CI?
- Versatile – can be applied in extreme environments where active corrosion inhibition is required
- Shrinkage compensation systems and fibre reinforcement – minimise crack tendency
- Highly thixotropic – can be applied up to 50 mm without the need of secondary reinforcement
- High early and ultimate strengths – matches high strength concrete found in structures
- Outstanding workability – easy placing and finishing for applicators
- High modulus and excellent adhesion – ensuring load transfer in structural repair
- Excellent freeze/thaw resistance – suitable for all climates
- High carbonation resistance – suitable for exposed repairs in urban environments
- Sulphate resistant – suitable for contact with ground waters
- Very low permeability to water and chlorides – protection of reinforcing steel
- Low chromate (Cr[VI] < 2 ppm ) – low risk of skin irritation
- Chloride-free – does add to the chloride load in contaminated structures