Embedded galvanic anode for the protection of reinforcing steel
How does MasterProtect 8065CP work?
MasterProtect 8065CP Galvanic Anodes are engineered discrete zinc anodes encased in a proprietary mortar. Integral galvanized tie wires permit easy connection to concrete reinforcement. As a key component of a complete concrete repair strategy, the sacrificial zinc core generates a small electrical current as it is consumed, protecting the reinforcing steel from accelerated corrosion.
- Where reinforced concrete or masonry structures will be repaired (Interior or exterior)
- Where chlorides are present in the structure
- Wherever corrosion of reinforcing steel is possible in post-tensioned, pre-stressed, or conventionally reinforced structures
- Total Anode Weight - 0.24kg
- Zinc Content - 65g
- Zinc Surface Area - 133cm2
- Colour - Green
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8065CP?
- Chelation Driven System - prevents re-passivation of the zinc, optimizes service life
- Lower pH mortar - non-caustic. Safe to handle
- High grade ASTM B418 type II zinc alloy -prolonged shelf life; Reduced tendency toward degradation
- Pre-twisted tie wires - proper stand-off from reinforcing steel. Ensures optimal current throw. Fast, easy installation
- Increased zinc surface area - optimizes anode performance. Extends service life; up to 50% more efficient than other anodes of same zinc weight
- Generates small current as it deteriorates, to protect reinforcing steel - extends service life and reduces maintenance costs
- Enhanced elimination of reaction by products - anode reactivates after wet/dry cycles. Longer service life.
- Not affected by carbonation or auto-corrosion - greater shelf life