Non-chloride Liquid Accelerating Concrete Admixture
MasterSet AC 534 is a ready to use liquid admixture formulated to accelerate the setting time of concrete under cool winter conditions and to produce high-early strength in special application concrete. It does not contain added chloride and conforms to the most stringent chloride ion limits required by concrete industry standards. MasterSet AC 534 meets and exceeds AS1478 Type Ac requirements.
All types of concrete where a non-chloride type accelerator is beneficial:
- Cold weather concreting
- Concrete subject to chloride ion constraints such as high rise buildings in coastal environments
- Concrete placed on galvanised steel floor and roof systems which are left in place
- Precast concrete - either pretensioned or post-tensioned
- Concrete pipes and other manufactured concrete products such as tiles and blocks
- Concrete highway and bridge construction
What are the unique features of MasterSet AC 534?
Concrete with MasterSet AC 534 admixture has a significantly faster setting time than plain concrete. Increasing the dosage rate increases set acceleration.
Both the compressive and the flexural strengths of concrete with MasterSet AC 534 develop, more rapidly than with plain concrete.
What are the benefits of MasterSet AC 534.
- Earlier finishing of slabwork across a wide range of temperatures without the need for calcium chloride
- More efficient scheduling, generally faster construction and earlier occupancy
- Earlier stripping and re-use of forms for walls, precast work and other fast-track construction
- Earlier structural use of concrete such as tilt-slab, paving, floors, car-park
- Potential energy savings in steam cured concrete (precast, prestressed, blocks) by reducing curing temperatures and/or steaming time necessary to reach desired transfer strengths
- Reduced labour costs
MasterSet AC 534 contains no added chlorides which means it will not initiate or promote the corrosion of reinforcing steel.