Protective Anti-Carbonation coating for concrete
Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor is a one-component solvent containing coating, based on methacrylic resins resistant to weathering, alkalis and ageing. It is available in clear and coloured grades for use on mineral substrates including concrete and other cementitious surfaces.Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor protects concrete against aggressive atmospheric influences and promotes a self-cleaning effect on the treated surfaces. It does not adversely influence the characteristic texture of the concrete.Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as a protective coating.
UsageSikagard®-680 S Betoncolor is used for protection and enhancement of concrete and other cementitious materials on building and infrastructures elements. Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor clear glaze is a colourless material drying to a glossy coat, suitable as refresher and protective coating for exposed aggregate concrete.Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor top coat is a top coating, drying to a mat finish, available in a large number of decorative standard and almost unlimited special colour shades.
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9),
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor provides excellent weather resistance and is based on a methacrylic resin with fast evaporating solvents
- Due to its quick drying properties, the coating is rain resistant within a short time
- Almost no change in the texture characteristics of the concrete surface
- Sikagard®-680 S Betoncolor protects the concrete against aggressive atmospheric influences, which can penetrate into the concrete in the form of salts or gases
- Very high diffusion resistance against carbon dioxide and, therefore reduces considerably the rate and depth of carbonation of the concrete
- Water vapour permeability is not adversely affected
- Dirt pick up is reduced and the concrete is no longer discoloured by rain
- Suitable for sealing of green concrete in civil engineering works